We wanted to give you an update of how much time, effort and effectiveness volunteers from your community are putting forth in the FIGHT to rid our communities of the threat of highspeed trains. The SAFE Coalition and community volunteer leaders from throughout the northeast San Fernando Valley have sustained an unprecedented level of effort in early 2016 through community outreach, political lobbying, petition gathering, media outreach, attendance and both written and verbal testimony at numerous high speed train related meetings and events in the past few weeks. Involvement includes the Shadow Hills Property Owners Assn., Lake View Terrace Improvement Assn., Kagel Canyon Civic Assn., Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council and Foothill Trails District Neighborhood Council.
The links below will provide insight into the various forums in which the fight is being fought and reported. Your support of the SAFE Coalition, whether it be volunteer hours, petition gathering, advice and input, letters, financial contributions or expressions of appreciation are always welcome. To contribute financially to the effort to defeat high speed trains in our communities, please go to this page to DONATE.
- San Fernando Valley Council of Governments meeting
- California Assembly Budget Sub-Committee meeting in Sacramento
- NBC4 News interview of high speed train chairman Dan Richard
- High Speed Train Authority meeting in Anaheim (link to the meeting video to come)
- 39th Assembly District Candidate Forum in Shadow Hills
- KFI John and Ken interview on Wednesday, April 13 (15:00 mark)
- San Fernando Valley Sun Commentary: